Thursday, January 3, 2019

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday...

There is a popular Russian quote “Счастливые часов не наблюдают”which roughly translates as “Those who are happy, don’t notice time”. I took it a step further today: up until a few minutes ago I was thinking it was Wednesday and proceed with planning my week from this point of view. Even a chance encounter with “Pink Flamingoes” (a group of sport enthusiasts, not birds) who usually gather on Tuesdays and Thursdays didn’t shake this assumption. “Perhaps, they just changed their time”, was all that I thought of it. Only after my younger son in answer to my grandiose plans announced, “But, mom, I told you, I have plans on Friday,” I realized that it was Thursday after all. Is there a moral of this story? Aside from the fact that I am obviously a very happy person? “Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday…*” – those are just labels. It is up to us to fill them with what we want.
* Godfather

No comments: