Wednesday, July 1, 2020

First of July - the day of internal turmoil.

The first of July is turning to be one of those multilayered days filled with the range of emotions. Let's see, shall we?

  • It is my son's 20st birthday, which brings on the pride, the joy of seeing a young adult he became, and the nostalgia for the precious times when he (and his older brother for that  matter) were unguarded and easy going. It is also the birthday of my mother-in-law, hm.
  • On that day one year ago we left the Bahamas -  the land of sunshine, sea, and good friends -   after living there for three years. (The FB was very kind to remind me of this.)
  • It became the day that I got the news that I didn't get a job that I applied for - enter self-doubts and visions of my living under the bridge somewhere. The encounter with the local homeless lady who tend to go up and down Via Della Scrofa talking to herself didn't help either - she got to that stage, somehow, isn't she?
It isn't even noon!

On the bright side - magnolia is in full bloom.



No comments: