Saturday, March 17, 2018

"Blue's the color of the sky in the morning, when we rise....."

Walking at the beach in the early hours of the morning I found a chez lounge. It was just sitting there in the middle of the sand, extending its invitation to the passerby. I accepted and sat down. 

I looked to my right and saw a stretch of the beach, the sun, the palms decorating the horizon with intricate patterns. I look at my left and saw a shoreline punctuated by the buildings of the hotels and the figures of the beach walkers. I look in front of me and saw the ocean meeting the sky, white boats sailing. 

And I sat there listening to the sounds of the waves, feeling familiar words rising from my memory:

There is beauty to my left, and there is beauty to my right, 
There is beauty behind me, and there is beauty in front of me, 
There is beauty above me, and there is beauty beneath me, 
There is beauty around me, and there is beauty within me.

 My aim is to notice and treasure it.


7:25 am


Footprints...

No comments: