Saturday, February 10, 2018

...constantly looking for...

Without thinking I opened a collection of Rumi's poems. (I do it sometimes - open books randomly and see what talks to me.) The book opened at the page 56. I glanced at the very top of the page, and it said, "February 10th".  Today is February 10th - there was no going back - it was meant to be read.

Water and the Moon.

There is a path from me to you
that I am constantly looking for,

So I try to keep clear and still
as water does with the moon.

It resonated with me a lot because, born and raised without  religion,  I have been looking (from my teenager years) for something, something illusive, intangible but solid enough to lean on. I read books, I listen to  people, I listen to myself, and, I am still searching but now I know the direction.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Rumi too.

“If you find me not within you, you will never find me. For I have been with you, from the beginning of me.”

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there.”

There are so many to choose from to think over and absorb. Your Water and Moon moment is a great one and I wish you all the best as you continue searching.

VC said...

Yep, I am on Rumi's kick at the moment.