Thursday, January 28, 2016

Thinking aloud

What is on my mind? Robert Plant and his “Lullaby and ...the Ceaseless Roar”. I cannot stop listening to this album – I listen to it while walking, I listen to this while cooking, I listen to it while centering myself before yoga lessons, I listen to it in the evening, I listen to it in the morning. The damn thing is absolutely flawless – it steadily gathers momentum from Little Maggie to hauntingly beautiful Embrace Another Fall, reaches the crescendo in Turn it Up and then drops into slowness of A Stolen Kiss, and keeps me captivated until the very last Abraden. The irony is that it isn't even a new addition to our music collection, it was last year Christmas gift for my older son, but here I am a full year later - still completely entranced.

No comments: