Monday, January 14, 2019

Word games.

I came up with a word game to amuse myself: take 33 letter tiles (I use the ones from the Bananagrams), create as many interconnecting words as possible and then do a short story, poem, observation using all of them (time frame - 10 minutes).

My yesterday creation included the following words, see below, with four letters "a" "a" "r" "p" left unused.











t










a






v
i
v
i
d


a



a




z
e
n



n






g


p
i
n





e



t






l
o
f
t
y








u







k
e
e
n







As my husband passed by the  table, I asked, "Care to make a use of the remaining tiles?"  He immediately came up with the word "rape" but seeing my slightly horrified face changed it to "trap", which left only one tile unused - the second letter "a"
                             











t
r
a
p










a









v
i
v
i
d





a



a







z
e
n



n









g


p
i
n








e



t









l
o
f
t
y











u










k
e
e
n











My son stopped by and was given the same task with the previous four letter: two "a", "p" and "r". Below is his creation with no tiles left = 33 out of 33











t
a
p











a

a







v
i
v
i
d

r



a



a







z
e
n



n









g


p
i
n








e



t









l
o
f
t
y











u










k
e
e
n










I didn't torture them with creation of the story/poem out of the words but I wrote somewhat of an invocation:

Oh joyful angel in a vivid robe
A Mater of zen, who is keen on fun,
Touch me with a golden pin
Tap into my creativity
Extinguish my vanity
Show me your lofty goals
Don't let me fall par below
Fill me with joy,
Share a tad of your wisdom.




No comments: