Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Movie, again

Since I don't feel very well during this week, the kids and I have been spending more time indoors than usual. You can do only so much without turning towards TV. I decided to introduce them to my favourite comedy - "Some Like it Hot." There is nothing more satisfying than sharing something you really like with somebody and finding out that the other person likes it too. There is nothing more unsettling if the effect is opposite. I was a bit nervous. The boys needed a bit of explanation on phohibition and gangstes' slang, and the nuances of the relationship between Joe (Tony Curtis) and Sugar (Marilyn Monroe) went over their heads but they laughed and clearly enjoyed the movie. Really, what's not to like about it - there are car chases and shooting, police and gangsters, men pretending to be women, romance, upbeat music, and witty dialogues; it is simply brilliant.

It was the first foreign film I ever watched, so it has a sentimental value to me. But it is never fail to make me laugh and it never gets old. Perhaps, nobody's perfect but this comedy sure is.

No comments: